Friday, January 4, 2013

What If?

 
What if I believed that You LORD are truly Sovereign?1
What if I believed You really are all powerful?1
If I knew that You really have not lost control of the Universe?2
What if I believed that You have not lost track of me?3
 
And what if I believed that You really are good?4
That You truly do long to be gracious to me?5
What if I believed that You are working all things together for my good?6
That You do not withhold any good thing from me?7
 
What if I believed that you had a good plan for my life?8
That Your ways really are above my ways?9
What if I believed You know how to give good gifts to your children?10
If I truly thought that You are always worthy of my trust?11
 
What if I really believed that Your ears are attentive to my cries?12
That You will never leave or forsake me?13
What if I believed that You are my faithful High Priest?14
That You are touched with the feeling of my infirmities?14
 
What if I believed that You remember Your covenants?15
That You will truly fulfill every promise You have made?16
What if I believed that You are always victorious?17
That You are able to do more than I can even imagine?18
 
What if I believed that true love never fails?19
What if I believed that the truest love of all is Yours?20
That even now You are interceding for me?21
What would my life look like if I truly trusted You in everything?22
 

  1. "Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you."  Jeremiah 32:17
  2. "Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing."  Isaiah 40:26
  3. "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me.  You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.  You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.  Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O Lord." Psalm 139:1-4
  4. "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made." Psalm 145:8-9
  5. "Yet the Lord longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the Lord is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!"  Isaiah 30:18
  6. "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."  Romans 8:28
  7. "For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." Psalm 84:11
  8. "For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11
  9. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."  Isaiah 55:9
  10. “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”  Matthew 7:11
  11. "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you."  Psalm 9:10
  12. "The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry."  Psalm 34:15
  13. "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6
  14. "Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to the faith we profess.  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin.  Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  Hebrews 4:14-16
  15. "He remembers his covenant forever, the word he commanded, for a thousand generations."  Psalm 105:8
  16. "Your kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and your dominion endures through all generations. The Lord is faithful to all his promises and loving toward all he has made."  Psalm 145:13
  17. "No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and this is their vindication from me,” declares the Lord. Isaiah 54:17
  18. "[He] is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us."  Ephesians 3:20
  19. "Love never fails." 1 Corinthians 13:8
  20. "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39
  21. "Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us." Romans 8:34
  22. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:5 6

-Written by Robert F. from Pennsylvania

No comments:

Post a Comment